Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Left Wing Redneck...

Obviously, I'm a pretty left wing liberal guy in many regards, especially socially... but I'm also an absolute redneck in many regards as well... and when it comes to our prison at Guantanamo Bay, I make Dick Cheney look like Dennis Kucinich...

I keep hearing all this madness about closing down Guantanamo and how evil torture is and all kinds of other sissy bulls**t... I'll tell you my opinion- the Constitution and the Bill of Rights should only be applicable to US citizens... as such, I don't think the prisoners at Guantanamo have a right to Habeas Corpus, or an attorney, or a speedy trial, or a fair trial, or any trial at all... I know, I know... the Geneva Convention provides a framework for the ethical treatment of foreign prisoners... but let me tell you something that should already be obvious if you're paying attention- I don't give a f**k about the f**king Geneva Convention...

Well, let me back up... if we're fighting an enemy that abides by the Geneva Convention, then we should too... but I think we need our enemies to understand that if they torture one single American boy, then we will torture the ever living sh*t out of every single f**king surrogate we possibly can until you knock that sh*t off... I want our enemies to know that we're always happy to take the gloves off if that's what they want... to quote the great Mike Singletary, I want our enemies to know that "we like them kind of parties."

As for the perception that this policy would cost us our moral authority, I would argue that our enemies apparently aren't too impressed with our high horse in the first place... and besides, I'm a pragmatist and an Old Testament guy anyway... seriously, when they cut people's heads off and broadcast it on the internet, I literally have no problem with doing the exact same thing...

And if you think that's extreme/insane, you'll love this... here would be my policy on civilian casualties... the first time you indiscriminately kill a US civilian, I would order the random death by bombing of 10 times the number of your innocent civilians... the second time, I would order the death of 100 times the number of your innocent civilians... the third time, it would be 1000 times, and the fourth time, it would be 10,000 times, and so on... and if you kept killing US civilians, I would eventually wipe your entire population off the face of the planet...

I told you I was a redneck... I do want to point out, though, that I look at military deaths quite differently... whether people want to admit it or not, we are at war, and the people we're fighting don't hate us without reason... like it or not, we helped start this war through our aggressive foreign policy/meddling/nation building and our support for Israel... as such, I would never unfairly retaliate and kill your innocents for attacks on our military targets... the bombings of the USS Cole, the Pentagon, or arguably even the US Embassy in Somalia were in my opinion the legitimate cost of waging war... the US has provoked the Islamic extremists in many ways, so of course they're going to fight back... but the bombing of the World Trade Center, on the other hand, was a calculated act of violence against a non-military target... as such, within hours of the attack that left around 3000 civilians dead, I would have ordered the random death by bombing of 30,000 civilians in the no man's land between Afghanistan and Pakistan... and when they retaliated, which they definitely would have, our next strike would carry 100 times the civilian casualties, and so on...

We arguably started this war, which we clearly shouldn't have... but I can promise you 2 things if King Pete were in charge... one, we'd let our enemy set the rules and then we would damn sure play by them... and two, regardless of who started the war, we would damn sure finish it... I can almost hear Lee Greenwood singing right now... man, this post makes me feel patriotic!!!!

No comments: